Monday, October 31, 2011

Water Fall Made From Dirt





My theme of natural land materials creating water phenomena. I believe its clear how my pieces fit into the theme with making a wave out branches and a whirlpool of of leaves. I do think my theme is very obvious, where the theme is the what (what its depicted) and how (how its made). I think I have been successful in conveying this theme i think what has more difficult is to have the craft to make the piece understandable. The risks I have taken has been my use of materials, leaves and branches are not materials i know much about so i often have to infer how the material will move and work and I just have to learn as i go.  These risks just make me want to take more risks, using these different materials pushes me to think whats next. Whats next for me to explore in my next piece? What is something I've never seen used? I not only want to use a material i never used  before but i also want to have very little knowledge of how it works, so i use them in ways I've every seen by any other artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment