Monday, October 17, 2011

fragile strength research



i've looked into many artist using leaves. Andy Goldsworthy uses leaves in a lot of his pieces however he doesn't try to preserve them as i am doing.  Seeing the artist in new york that uses photo copied leaves in her piece, connected to mine. Although she does not use real leaves nor does she use the leaves to mold/create a sculpture. its hard to find an artist to use as inspiration because there isnt any artist that uses leaves in the way im using them. i dont think the way im using my material is inventive but i am just yet to find an artist doing what i am doing. researching leaves it made me think of color, i think i want to explore color in this piece. many artist are painting on leaves and i think it could push my piece further with using paint. i want to use cool colors to push the idea of a whirl pool, and the paint can further illustrate the form . 


http://www.morning-earth.org/artistnaturalists/an_goldsworthy.html

1 comment:

  1. Hey Althea!
    My name is Sydney and I am a Community Studio Education Major at MassArt. My studio focus is working with sculpture, so it's a pleasure to get to see some of your work! I think it's awesome that you're so passionate about things like the environment and nature, it really shows in your art, as well as your interest in life and death that I see in your "Tragedy" piece. I love your "Static Wave" piece, it's really strong and has a great natural flow to it.
    Can't wait to meet you tomorrow, and keep up the awesome work!
    -Sydney Schofield

    ReplyDelete